March 5, 2015 12:54 am
What can you do in just five minutes?
- Sweep the front steps and shake out the welcome mat—If there’s minute left over, run a dust cloth over the front door. Guaranteed to make guests feel more welcome.
- Take a duster to the ceiling fans—A couple of quick swishes are all it will take to banish all that built-up dust.
- Spritz the bathroom mirrors—You may be surprised to find you can have them shining in five minutes or less. If there’s time left over, spritz your bedroom mirror.
- Challenge the kids to a five-minute pickup—A small prize to the one who picks up and stows away the most stuff in five minutes.
- Check the fridge—Do a quick scan of produce and ‘best by” date labels, and pitch what’s been around for too long.
- Spray the kitchen counters and cooktop—Do it during a TV commercial break, then wipe it all clean during the next one.
- Run a baby wipe over the baseboards—The vacuum cleaner just doesn’t reach there!
- Wipe down the flatscreen TVs—If you don’t have the proper type of cloth, use the dust-free wipe you use to clean your eyeglasses.
- Run a mop or broom into the dark corners of the hallway—If there’s a minute left over, do it again in the bedrooms.
- Check your stock of light bulbs and batteries—If it’s low, make a note for your next shopping list.
Published with permission from RISMedia.